Wondering How Long He Can Keep Up the World
Mississauga, Ontario, 2005
I came across a soccer ball designed to look like a globe. My father is an avid soccer player and fan. I asked him to perform for a video – to see how long he could keep the ball up in the air by “juggling” it with his knees, feet and head.
In the video we are heard negotiating everything from the terms of the performance art to international relations. I pushed him relentlessly to continue “keeping up the world”, until he quit, exhausted and dripping with sweat.
The video was shot in my parents’ Mississauga, Ontario driveway in 2005.
- FOFA Gallery, Concordia University Alumni Show, Summer 2007, Montreal
- Art Mûr, ARTEFACT - Montreal Sculpture Biennale, Summer 2007, Montreal
- Ramfoundation, Summer 2006, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- This Neck of the Woods, Dwelling for Intervals, Summer 2006, Rotterdam, The Netherland
- TRAFIC, Inter/nationale d'art actuel en Abitibi-Témiscamingue, Spring 2005, Québec