How Easy it would be to be Garbage
Performance and photographs
I was recovering from surgery and feeling terribly material and ephemeral. I experimented with garbage bags to see how easily I might fit into one. Could I be thrown away like anything else?
I got into a bag and posed among the local garbage.
The discreet performance was enacted for photography in the Marché Jean Talon neighbourhood, in 2002 in Montreal.
- Artcite, The Moon in my Mouth, Solo Exhibiton and Visiting Artist Talk at University of Windsor, Spring 2006, Windsor, Ontario
- Truck Contemporary Art in Calgary, Sleeping with Cake, in ‘Mountain Standard Time: Festival of Performative Art’, Fall 2005, Calgary
- Mois de la Photo, How to Eat light, Solo Exhibition curated by Martha Langford at ‘Occurrence’, Fall 2005, Montreal
- CAFKA - Contemporary Art Forum Kitchener, Solo Exhibition as part of ‘Peace of Mind’, 2005, Kitchener, Ontario
- Gallery TPW, Warm Things To Chew For The Dead, (Solo Exhibition), during Contact 2004: Toronto