Sculptures and Photographs
Various locations, 2014 - ongoing
An ongoing series of arrangements of flowers, plants, food and other objects collected in various international cities. Some of the works are exhibited as live sculptures in museums using found and locally available materials, and some are arranged for photography.
The Arrangements series traces several years of my study of the modern school of Sogetsu Ikebana (Japanese flower arranging). The flower arrangements respond variously to the sites, seasons, and specific historical moments in which they are made. The developing works are also artifacts of this ongoing research, practice and learning.
- Open Studio, Å la recherche, Exhibition and publication edited by Barbara Balfour, 2016, Toronto, Canada
- Contemporary Art Gallery, CAG Field House Residency, Curated by Shaun Dacey, 2016, Vancouver, Canada
- Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Drake Hotel Public Collection, works from the Arrangements series as part of the Permanent Collection of Drake Hotel, 2015, Toronto
- TPW, TPW Photorama, Group exhibition including new work from the Arrangements series, 2015, Toronto, Canada
- Division Gallery, Division Gallery - C Auction 2015, Group show, presentation of six works from the series Arrangements. Curated by C Magazine Auction Board members, 2015, Toronto, Canada